Monday, December 22, 2014

POSTPONED FOR A MONTH




OH MY GOD--LAUGHING REGRETFULLY

TRIP POSTPONED FOR A MONTH:
I just got news this morning that my license has been suspended due to a miscommunication on a prior conviction years ago.  Unbelievable--almost.  So now the entire Reno trip is postponed for a month, including my performance with Bruce Licher at Mono Lake.  He's already been notified and is fine with it. I can't postpone the holidays so I will probably have to wait a year to do that part, but I won't wait a year to take this same kind of trip to Reno in Mid-to-late January of 2015.  So just give me a month, and stay posted for that because I will keep all you guys posted on every detail. 

I'm really sorry about this, and to anyone who might be disappointed again, including myself.  Yes this would have been a super cool winter music environment for everyone to check out during these holidays, but I PROMISE to do it next year (God/luck willing).  And I promise to still carry out a version of this same trip in roughly a month's time.  It won't be quite the same, but it will be close enough.  


Also I might still broadcast a couple of performances over the holidays from a couple of different locations in-and-around LA and/or the LA mountains with friends (since they will be doing the driving lol).  Let you know.


And I would say that I'm totally embarrassed about it, but at this point I think we all know the drill.  As I've explained many times, the obstacles I face with this travel project are an un-parelleled many compared to other projects in my past or present.  Partly due to traveling and all of it's natural complications, but it's also due to the fact that I'm not just a traveller but an active artist and musician with plenty of projects to match.  All of these other projects defuse my attention, making the travel project more complicated and unstable.  I think all rational people would agree that there is very little I can do about that other than just deal with it, if in fact I want to succeed at both.  


However, I think I'm still going to take a small poll for the moment.  Not that I will let people sway my overall decision, but I think I'm just interested in getting a couple of opinions right now. So anyone reading this should feel free to contact me about it or leave comments and tell me their opinion of either of the following:  


1) Do you think I'm not much of an artist/musician right now anyway, and thus I should only be trying to finish this travel project?  2) Or do you think the travel project is a waste of my time and that my talents are better focused on other things?  3) Or do you think both endeavors are just as worthy and thus I should continue the way I've been going?  


Let me know. And just bare in mind that if I choose either one of these paths over the other, that chosen path could take years before I find the time to get back to anything else.  %100 focus on one thing means it will basically become my life and that will be it from now on. You won't know me for anything else.


You can reach me at:
surface_10@yahoo.com

Spring of next year is actually my BIG trip.  Oh Nessy it's the big o'one.  It's the Big Daddy Kain of trips baby!  It's the... okay you get it.  

It's the trip where I will be on the road for 7-8 months trying to finish all of my locations for this project.  It will be the Southwest in Spring and then the Cascade peaks in Summer.  This is for both Ambient Travels (Travels Rendered) and The Summit Music Project.  I've been setting up the trip for a long time and I've even made heavy sacrifices for it, sacrifices that were so disturbing I don't even feel right sharing them here.  I MUST take that trip.  I must get it done so I can get on with the rest of my life.  Getting stopped with a first offense suspension by leaving right now could actually throw everything into many more months of chaos and dysfunctionality, thereby completely ruining my chances for the trip in Spring.  Not an option for me.

I may be kind of a screw up at this point, sure, whatever, but bear with me before I agree to being the winner and guest of honor at the National Looser Of The Year Awards held in Where-We-Go-To-Die, Idaho.  (even though I love Idaho)

But again, I will indeed take this same trip to Reno in late January of 2015, a month away.  This will happen.  So please look for that and please join me.

So, more here soon.  Keep you posted.  Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment