Monday, December 29, 2014

A Farewell To Holidays 2014

To feed this project further, tomorrow, Dec 30th, I will attempt a mid-winter broadcast of live music from the mountains of Big Bear, California. It will be my last broadcast of live music during the holidays, if you count my recent broadcasts of live piano impressions/improvisations.  However, tomorrow's broadcast will not involve music of my own, primarily.


Many don't know this about me but I was a DJ of alternative electronic music at clubs and events in-and-around LA in the early 2000s. For fun over the last 5 years I've also occasionally mixed together my own DJ sets from outdoor locations and even in transit while driving as a passenger and the like.  Well, I'm going to finally start broadcasting these DJ mix sets during my travels as well, starting with a really wild experiment tomorrow.  Read my SN posts about it, as follows:

Tomorrow, Dec 30th, I will try something new; I will broadcast a DJ-mix-set that combines internet radio stations as they stream live from different players. Yes you will basically hear radio stations mixed together, as strategically as possible. It's as wild as it sounds, but still comes across intentional. It will be an audio/video broadcast, so you will be able to watch the computer-screen activity as the stations are mixed together, and even see most of the artist's names on-screen as their tracks play and combine.

Join me (Dean De Benedictis) as I try this strange new form of simulcasting. Did this for myself a few times in 2009, and now bringing it to you as a simulcast.


Additionally this will happen outdoors in the mountains of Big Bear, California. You will see my location on-screen through the cam view on the left, hence the visual aspect of the broadcast.

Most of the stations used will specialize in classical, acoustic and ambient, but other genres will be occasionally mixed in. The idea is to provide a calming, alternative, electro-acoustic winter esthetic using an experimental method that joins the efforts of multiple DJs all at once. The radio stations layer together to form an alternate piece of music. Catch it.




A shot I took in 94, west of Portola, CA



Because of mobile-signal instability, an exact time cannot be given, but it's guaranteed to happen sometime between 2pm and sunset, Pacific. This should give you some slack-time to catch any part of it. It will last anywhere from 1:30-3 hours if I get a strong signal.  Look for the announcement here the moment we are live.

Page for the broadcast:
https://new.livestream.com/DeanDeBenedictisRelatedEvents/LiveDJSets

Facebook page for announcements the moment I'm live:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dean-De-Benedictis/126273057677

No comments:

Post a Comment